Home > Healthy 4 Life Football > Match Reports > Match Reports 2014 > Essex Soccability League November 2014

Essex Soccability League November 2014

Clacton H4L A Squad:

Kyle Thompson (GK)

Greg Lark (c)

Tom Nicks

Harry Walden

Stefano Carnevale

Robbie Ratcliffe

Clacton had come out second best in the previous tournament and were currently second in the league table. They only had 6 players for this tournament as Jordan Ovenden didn't attend and Dave Ashmore had to be moved to the Colchester  squad as they only had 5 players. Clacton out second best again and may have gone to the top of the table. This tournament was also more realistic. The games, instead of being 10 minutes straight were longer and of two halves, although all the teams did at half-time was change ends. Slide tackling was also allowed.

Match Reports

Colchester H4L A                 0-1

Clacton won 3-1 in the last tournament but Colchester had been missing players. The goal conceded was scored by Dave Ashmore, who was originally supposed to play for Clacton but was playing for Colchester as there were players missing from their squad in this tournament as well. Harry also had a head collision in this game.

Tendring Mental Health     1-0       Stef

In the last tournament Clacton lost 2-3, twice taking the lead but Tendring scoring a winner in the last few seconds of the game. This time Clacton were the winners, with Stef's shot taking a deflection off a player's leg and then going through the keeper's legs.

Disability 4 Sport                  3-1       Robbie, Tom, Greg

Clacton won 2-0 in the previous tournament. Robbie opened the scoring early on and Tom doubled the lead soon after, slamming home Harry's pass into the box. Clacton were 2-0 up at half-time, but D4S scored soon after the second half started to make it 2-1. Greg still found the net though to restore Clacton's two goal lead.

Porters A                                1-1       Tom

Porters are new to the league this season and Clacton had won 5-0 in the previous tournament but although Porters still came out fifth in this tournament, they certainly looked a lot stronger than they were last month. Tom headed in Stef's throw to give Clacton the lead but Porters equalised just before half-time. Harry played in goal for the second half due to a muscle strain but only had one save to make, as it was one-way traffic in the second half and Clacton should have won the game.