Home > Healthy 4 Life Football > Match Reports > Match Reports 2014 > Harry Walden Match report FA Disability Cup : 16 February 2014

Harry Walden Match report FA Disability Cup : 16 February 2014

FA Disability Cup v St Albans 16/2/14

H4L Squad:

Kyle Thompson (GK), Jack Martin (sub GK), Marc Mcleod, Johnny Ashmore, Greg Lark (c), Tom Nicks, Damian Harvey, Harry Walden, Tom James, Mark Morris, Levi Jones, Stefano Carnevale, Jordan Ovenden, Sam Ingram, Dave Ashmore, Luke Thomas.  

 In the cup run last season Healthy 4 Life had received a bye in the first round, beat Albion in The Community 7-2 in the second round, and lost 5-0 to Plymouth Argyle in the Southern section area final.   Healthy 4 Life are hoping to do well as the squad has some strong players in it who were unable to make the squad last season.  They will be playing again next weekend as this game was supposed to have been played on January 26th but had been called off 3 times due to bad weather and had now been moved to an all-weather pitch. There was rolling subs this season as well when last season you could use all your subs but once a player had come off they couldn't come back on.   St Albans started off the better side, but they lost one of their best players through injury in the first half. Harry went up in an aerial challenge and collided the side of his head with an opponent's face. The opponent had to go to hospital to get stitches. Harry got a cut and had to come off, but was able to come back on later on in the game. It was 0-0 at half-time, but St Albans had looked the more threatening side.   The loss of one of St Albans' best players seemed to give Healthy 4 Life a boost, as they dominated the second half. St Albans also went down to ten men, as they got two more injuries and had only brought two subs. Luke doubled the lead soon afterwards, with Mark Morris getting a third shortly after that. Luke got another two later on to complete his hat-trick, then Dave got two goals in rapid succession. Harry then scored from a corner in injury time of which there was a lot of in both halves.

Final score: 8-0 to Healthy 4 Life