Home > Healthy 4 Life Football > Match Reports > Match Reports 2012 > Harry Walden 11 a side Shrub End : 9 December 2012

Harry Walden 11 a side Shrub End : 9 December 2012

11 A-side match at Shrub End between Colchester United v Healthy 4 Life 9/12/12  

Healthy 4 Life Squad Colin Forknall, Aaron Phillips, Mark Phillips, Marc Mcleod, Johnny Ashmore, Damian Harvey, Jason Jenner, Tom James, Harry Walden, Neil Johnso,n Jordan Ovenden, Joe Pickles, Ronnie Holloway, Luke Thomas (c), John   Rolling.  subs, so everyone played in the game  

Starting line up:                                                                       Colin              

                                                        Marc (John)                Aaron    (Jordan)          Johnny         Damian                      

                                                                     Harry                      Jordan             Neil                                

                                                                     Ronnie   (Marc)     Luke                Joe                                  

Half Time:       CUCST   1 - 2   Healthy 4 Life          Neil, Luke   Final score:      CUCST   1 - 4   Healthy 4 Life          Neil x2, Luke x2        

Report   This game was an 11 a-side friendly put in place for fun as no league tournaments are held in December. Healthy 4 Life were missing some of their best players, but still managed to get a 4-1 victory at Shrub End. Stef Carnevale, a Healthy 4 Life player currently out injured also came along and worked as a linesman.  Healthy 4 Life opened the scoring through Neil in the first few minutes of the game. It took quite a while for the score to go up, Harry shooting just over the bar then Luke found the net to make it 2-0. However, the 2 goal lead didn't last for long as Colchester scored from a corner towards the end of the first half. The goal was due to poor defending by Healthy 4 Life, as not many players came back to defend. In the second half Aaron, another goalkeeper swapped positions with Colin. Neil scored again to restore the 2 goal lead. Jordan was unlucky to see his shot saved then Luke scored a spectacular goal to make it 4-1. Colchester never gave up though and towards the end they were looking a lot more threatening